Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 10

Not a lot of pics today. We sorta ran out of time. It took us about 6 hours to go around 200 miles today. Highway 1 is the twistiest road I've ever driven. I'm not sure I would have had the strength to do it on the Harley. Last night as I fell asleep, my hands were turning left and right. There must have been hundreds of switch backs on one 22 mile stretch.

Even though we gave ourselves 4 days to make the trip down the coast, I just wasn't prepared for how slow we would sometimes have to travel. Don't get me wrong, if I had it to do over again, I'd still want to do it...I just would want more time. I find that we're pushing through things I wish I had more time to savor, but I only have 2 weeks, so I'm making do.

It's been a real pleasure having my brother Kerry keep me company. He had to turn back today and head back up towards Seattle. I have a lot of memories and laughs that I'll keep forever about this 'once in a lifetime' trip. Thank you Kerry.

After Kerry left, I decided to change course and head for LA as fast as I could. I decided I'd get to Sarah's in the early afternoon tomorrow and then maybe on Wednesday, she could ride up the PCH with me to see parts of the coastal trip that I missed today.

Oh, BTW...I'm staying tonight in Soledad, California...and boy, is it ever WINDY!

Remind you of anything?...





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting trip so far. You have some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are beautiful. Keep 'em coming. Maybe next year, I can join you guys on my scooter :)

    ReplyDelete