Thursday, August 6, 2009

Still Day 13...





I leave for home in the morning. I need to get up early and head out before all the traffic critters come out.

I figure whenever I get to I-40 and have all these California interstates behind me I'll be able to relax just a little.

This afternoon I took one last ride up the PCH and allow me to bore you with just a couple of more pictures...

I know one looks pretty much like the next, but there's always something mesmerizing about gazing out into that vast expanse and hearing the sound of the surf pounding on the rocks below, listening to the call of the sea gulls and feeling the rush of the sea breeze against your face.

It's like Mother Nature is kissing you.

I sat on a rock for several minutes and tried to take it all in. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't ever been able to do this. It calms me. I hated to get up and leave because I know it will be awhile before I get to see this again.

OK, enough of that. Sarah and I are getting ready to go out and have pizza. Hopefully, by this time tomorrow I'll be more than 600 miles east of here and will be able tell you about my day. Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment