Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

Day 5 of LAR (Life After Ruby). I'm just a wink and nod short of the 600 miles needed for break-in on the new bike. The weather here has been fall like since Friday. Very pleasant riding temperatures. On my evening ride Friday night, I used my new heated seat and heated hand grips. Not because I needed to, but because I COULD!

I've gotten used to almost everything on the new bike...except the seat. When you first get on it's very comfortable. But after about an hour you start trying to find a rest home. Maybe I'll get used to the seat with time...like maybe I'll learn to breathe under water. It could be a very long ride out to Seattle.

I leave next Saturday morning. I'm still trying to figure out what and how to pack. With all the luggage capacity it's kind of hard deciding what NOT to take. I've been through this all before though, so I know exactly what to expect. I'll plan and plan and plan and when I arrive at my first night's destination, I'll discover I've left something important at home. You can count on it.

I've not totally converted over to the BMW image just yet. I still have all the Harley clothes and wear the little beanie helmet. I present quite a picture coming down the road. The Harley guys don't know whether to wave or shoot me. The sport bike guys wave though. They'll wave at anybody. They're sorta like a bunch of puppies. All happy just to be outside riding down the road on one wheel doing 90. It takes so little to please them.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment