Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 1

Well, I made it. Finished up the first leg of my trip to Seattle. I drove about 680 miles today in a little over 11 hours. I'm staying the night at the Hampton Inn in North Platte, Nebraska. This is my first foray into Cornhusker territory. Doesn't look all that much different from Missouri so far.

Well, I gotta tell ya, my new seat cushion (AirHawk) is a life-saver. Don't get me wrong, my butt's sore, but I don't think I could have made the last 200 miles without it. And, the highway pegs are workin' out too. I just think that the more 'options' you have about where to put your feet, the longer you can endure. That's my story anyway and I'm stickin' to it!

The speed limit here on the Interstate is 75. But what's up with these Nebraska folks? They all drive about 65. I made the mistake a couple of times of getting caught in the slow lane and it took forever to get out into the passing lane to go around these guys cause about a hundred cars...trucks...buses (yeah, that's right, even the buses wanna get around these slow-pokes) are lined up for what seems like miles!

Anyway, I'm here now and I think I'll go out and get something to eat. There's a Steak House within walking distance...so, you know where I'm headed!

Tomorrow the plan is for me to try and get to Ogden, Utah. I hope I see the Osmonds!

PS - maybe I'll take a picture tomorrow. Today was all about driving like a madman to get here. I can dial it back about 30 miles tomorrow for a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment